Monday, June 20, 2011

Breakfast Time!

This is my breakfast, that's alot of food for less than 400 calories!

Start your day with a quick and healthy breakfast.  I usually have Kashi Go Lean Crunch with strawberries, blueberries, almond milk and a dash of cinnamon.  This morning I happened to have some leftover green peppers,  red peppers, mushrooms, and onions in the frig so I threw them in the frying pan with a bit of olive oil.  Stir in a couple of eggs and top with just a pinch of cheddar cheese.

I served this with Arnold's sandwich thins, Polaner sugar free jam, and strawberries. I plugged this into my Livestrong Healthy Plate and here are the stats:
Breakfast Totals
 
 Calories: 381
 Fat: 14.97grams
Cholesterol: 444.9g
 Sodium: 453.53g
Carbs: 47.48g
 Fiber: 9.38g
Protein: 21.6g
 Sugar: 10.06g
I could have saved some calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium by eliminating the cheese, but overall this is a very healthy way to start the day.  If you are trying to eat healthier and/or watch your weight, I highly recommend using an online tracker like www.livestrong.com/myplate. It takes a few minutes to set up but you will be amazed how it helps you make better choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment