Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


It's a double holiday for me as it is also my birthday!  I'm going to start the day by teaching a cycling (spin) class at the Y and then doing a birthday workout! 4 Sets of 12=  48 pushups, 48 tricep dips, 48 crunches, 48 squats, and 48 lunges.   Finish by holding each stretch for 48 seconds.   Can you guess my age?

I am doing this workout in preparation for a wonderful brunch at the Marq with my husband,  one daughter, and son-in-law.  The menu looks amazing and I am not going to deprive myself!  It's good to give your body a shock once in awhile...I don't know if that's true, but I like to think it is! 

One of the great things about eating healthy, working out, and building muscle is that you can have a big splurge day and really enjoy it.  The problem is most people have these days several times a week which can lead to health issues and weight gain.  Be picky about your splurge days and plan to do an extra workout before and the day after. 

BONUS... not only does Culver's give a free sundae on your birthday,  they are giving moms a free one scoop sundae on Mother's Day.  I can get 2!!   However, I just had to look at the nutritional info and it is scary.  A 1 scoop hot fudge sundae with a cherry on top (no nuts) has 406 calories and 21 grams of fat.  YIKES!  I might have to skip it.  Many restaurants have this information online, it's a good idea to check it out BEFORE you go if you are serious about cutting fat, calories and sodium. I'll evaluate a few favorite eating places in a future post. 


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and especially to my mom, who is still a kick-butt basketball player and throws a mean softball pitch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment